Monday, November 1, 2010

Hey Family!

Oh man, I just checked all the emails and I loved the pictures; thanks for that! Everyone looks so old, I can't believe it! For times sake I won't elaborate... but dang! But, I do remember having a mother and a father- do you have any pictures of them?

A little about this week, it was one of my favorite weeks on the mission - we worked hard! My companion left for his home town, Choibelsun, on Tuesday for a nationwide census. He was gone until Thursday and for the first half of the week I was companions with my Zone Leader, Elder Cardinal, and we got, work, done (pretend those are dramatic pauses)! But seriously it was busy, we both had to teach English at night so we packed the day with appointments to make up for the lost time. From a numbers stand point it wasn't a great week, in general we had a ton of appointments fall through. But Elder Cardinal and I sat in on some incredible first lessons and enjoyed the Spirit that was there. As we taught I thought about the incredible love that our Father in Heaven has for His children. I wanted to turn to them and say, "It just makes sense ya?!" I love that simplicity and clarity that the Gospel brings. It was a great couple of days and I was excited for Elder Ganbolthd to come back so we could again work in our area. We did some of our best planning this week, but had very few people who we actually met with. That's always a bummer when plans fall through, but I had the satisfaction of knowing we had worked our best with the situation! I did get your letters and loved having the hard copies again to read, thanks guys for that! I've been getting a lot of stuff from the Ward as well, I'm working on return letters right now to say thanks. Forgive me for the short email, but I love you guys; I love seeing the Lord's blessings in your lives and I still don't understand/recognize fully the blessings in mine. There is joy in small improvements, getting out of those small ruts in our lives and rising to a higher plane~ Mosiah 4:27 talks about this, we often get overwhelmed with all that must be done and because of that we stay the same or do less. Pick little things that you want to improve, make a goal, it's awesome to see the results!

Elder Jolley

Editor's note: No I didn't forget to post pictures.... he didn't send them. Bummer! Better luck next week. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment