Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hey Family,

Za sain uu? Xuu n uuchlaarai, uchigdur zakhia bichsengui.... I loved hearing about your week and I'm excited to tell you about this last week here in Mongolia. Somehow the 6 month date is upon us? I've been loving my time in Sansar and this week has been a rush! With October around the corner we have a lot of big things in the works! This week I've been learning to be more grateful for the work that I have the opportunity to do. Throughout my mission I've seen two different types of assistants- one begins to be worn out by work in the office, the coordination work, and the other day-to-day tasks that involve this assignment; and the other missionary is able to continue with seeming unweariness the tasks that come with the assignment. Sometimes missionaries feel like they have lost touch with the spirit of missionary work and so they begin to feel discouraged or get "trunky" to get out of the office and back out in the field. But even if the Lord has given a missionary a certain assignment- his calling as a missionary remains the same! I have been working to keep a missionary perspective on all that I do and to accept each assignment and task with gratitude and it's helped me to see that I can be the Lord's servant and a representative of Christ no matter what assignment I'm given. And then after all that we teach our investigators and it's icing on the cake! Not to mention the blessing of being able to work so close with my mission president- it's a blessing and a privilege that I'm grateful for every day. The scripture I really liked this week and want to share with you is Philippians 4:11-13.

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be acontent.

12 I know both how to be aabased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through aChrist which bstrengtheneth me.

President Clark shared this in a meeting this last week. As I've been thinking about it's meaning- this is a characteristic of a true disciple of Christ and something that I have had the opportunity to learn throughout my mission. Regardless of what situation we are placed in- if we can remember that this is a God-given opportunity for our benefit, and then press forward (have faith), then we can do all things.

I can't believe we're getting so close to Brayden leaving. Since I'm a missionary right now I can't comprehend that all the way right now- I feel like he's coming rather then leaving. So come on Brayd! It's really a cool blessing to be able to soon be serving in the Lord's vineyard with him and to hear his experiences. These last few weeks have been a rush, but we've been able to keep meeting steadily with 2 investigators who have their baptisms set for the 7th of October! We have been blessed (as is Sansar) with so many prepared people to meet with and these to are incredible! One is a 22 year old young man named Bilguun and the other is one of the old Sansar Sister's investigator, a 19 year old Munkh-Orchlon. Both attend church faithfully and have gotten to know the ward, attend institute and one sings in the Stake Choir! So their baptisms will be on the weekend of General Conference in Mongolia- so they will have a great opportunity as new members to attend General Conference. I mentioned this to Andraya (I think?), but we're off to Murun this week! Murun is a small town in North Mongolia right next to the huge Lake Khuvskhult. We will be going there to host a Youth Conference that will train youth leaders to be able to do their own branch youth conferences in the future! So we leave this Thursday and return next Monday late. So my email may be a bit late next week, but I will include lots of pictures of the conference- it's going to be a great weekend! Lots of times I hear the family wanting to hear more about how I'm "doing" (I guess I'm not the best at that), but it's mostly because my mission is nothing but a blessing. I'm grateful for my time here and my time to serve the Lord.

Love,
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment