Monday, December 12, 2011

Hey Family,

Yu baitsgaanaa ve? This has been one of the quickest weeks here, I don't know where all the time's flown by... things are settling down from transfers and now we're getting ready for Christmas! We're skyping in 2 weeks! Mom and Dad are both begging for more "juicy" stories in their emails- and it's funny because that's what Elder Neuberger's parents are saying to him too. I do feel strange because I feel like I'm trying to pick the best of hundreds of incredible moments, events, spiritual experiences that happen each week and fit them on one page- and though I've got months of practice in I still feel like a greenie!

Yesterday we attended sacrament in Zuun Kharaa, and this time Elder Neuberger came with! President and Sister Clark, Elder Neuberger and I left at 8 in the morning to make some 10:30 interviews with some of the priesthood brethren up there. Saturday night and Sunday had a thick fog/smog that covered the city (incredibly thick! We couldn't see the buildings next to our apartment out the windows), and it made the trip really slow. But we got out of the city, and up above the clouds- and caught a beautiful sunrise. This was Elder Neuberger's first time into the countryside and between the ride and the company it was a great trip. The opportunity to spend so much time with President and Sister Clark is an amazing! President made the comment that we really don't comprehend the blessing that it is to be here, and it will take a long time for us to realize the impact that this experience has had on our lives. It's incredible to be apart of the Lords work, and though I can't see the Lord's design in all this I know that it is true and that as we are worthy He can work through us.

"And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord cknoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he dworketh in me to do according to his ewill." (WofM 1:7)

Today I ended up with no time and a computer that has typing problems.... I'm sorry this is so short but if I get back to the office in time I'll send some pictures out.

Love Elder Jolley

Air in the city

Air out of the city

Elder Neuberger and Elder Jolley

Love this picture!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jolleys.
    Thank you for posting the new pics.
    We cut and pasted the one with Travis to his blog. Hope that's okay.
    We love both of their letters, but wish Travis would share a few more photos.
    We are looking forward to our Skype call and a chance to say hi to Elder Jolley.
    Thanks again and merry Christmas!
    The Neubergers

    ReplyDelete