Monday, May 7, 2012

Dear Everyone,

Sain uu? The internet cafe I'm at has lost power 3 times and so this email keeps getting shorter and shorter.... that just means more for next week!!! I've got a scheduled time for 9:45 Monday morning (6:45 Sunday evening your time) for the family Skype call.

It's been an incredibly fast week! It was a very special 21st to have a baptismal service and 3 investigators baptized. The two brothers Bumbayar and Batbayar, that Elder Quinton and I met with back in Selbe were baptized along with Sister Unenbat, an emee sister that Elder Tugsbaatar and I have been meeting with. Her husband is also our investigator but isn't quite ready for his baptism yet. The baptismal service went great, all the new converts shared very powerful testimonies and now look forward to growth as they start down this path as followers of Christ!

Elder Jolley, Sister Unenbat and Elder Tugsbaatar

Tuesday and Wednesday we did back to back splits with the Enkhtaivan and Bayanzurkh Districts. On Tuesday I was with Elder Nyambayar, a sign language missionary and spent the day teaching in Mongolian sign language! It was a really cool day. I've been able to pick up enough sign to survive and teach simple lessons and it's interesting to see the Spirit work on people in the same way, but without words.

After the baptism on Friday the bishop and 1st councilor from Selbe took me and the district out for a quick "birthday dinner." It was all by surprise, but a really nice, low key way to finish the night! Sisters Gillen and Bolor-Erdene made a cake and the district gave me a birthday mug with our district picture on it. Very simple but I couldn't have asked for a better gift, to be on a mission in this great land!

Out of time.... I'll fill in more next week WHEN WE CHAT!

Love, Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment