Monday, April 4, 2011

Family sain yy!

This week you'll have pictures coming your way! It's been a week of highs and lows, but as always the work is amazing- if only things could always revolve around that! Thanks for the pictures from home too. First off, our investigator Bayarmunkh was baptized! I sent a picture of him in his baptism whites, his member cousin (on the left of Bayarmunkh), and the rest of his family... who as of tonight will be our new investigators! They attended his baptism and have agreed to meet with us, their dad is going to another Church in town, but the 2 kids have been meeting with us for about a week or so. I mentioned last week that the Elder Pickett and Davis headed home, there's a picture from their fireside that I threw in as well. Elder Zolthbayar and I are coming up on a half transfer together, we'll be together for a full transfer or so, it's been a very up and down this week. He's had some doctrinal questions, faith trying experiences and it's been tough that way. One of the sisters grandpa is very sick, and she requested to head home to be able to see him. Before I guess that was allowed but President is saying no... and so that's been tough for him and deciding if that is really what God wants. Anyways, it's been hard on the work that way and on our companionship, but I'm hoping things improve. I don't know the details on Conference yet, but I'm ready for the spiritual feast coming up! I've been reading a lot out of 2 Nephi 9 this week and studying up on the Atonement, then on Friday I had an amazing opportunity to see the Atonement in action. After the baptism I was asked to translate an interview with President Clark (first time), it was out of the blue but an experience that confirmed the things I had been studying. No details of course, but the Atonement of our Savior gives us an escape from guilt and burdens that we cannot overcome on our own. And as soon as someone catches a hold of that hope, believes in the promise that Christ has given, you can see the light begin to return! It was the highlight of my week to see the power of the Atonement in action. I love you guys, this Gospel, if we will allow it, will bless and change our lives!

Elder Jolley

Bayarmunkh's baptism

Elder Jolley and Elder Zolthbayar studying

Elder Pickett, Elder Wilson, Elder Jolley
Elder Reeves, Elder Huff, Elder Davis


Elder Pickett and Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment