Monday, January 9, 2012

Hey Family!

It's been a week of big changes here... and from the sounds of it the same for you guys. I'm so excited to hear that you are started on this great change in life and I can't help but think of that few months we spent in the town home, a summer to remember! Please continue to let me know how it goes.

First off, on Saturday the transfer call was sent out... and I'm out! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by.... these last 6 months have been the best of my mission. I'm off to Selbe to be the Bayanzurkh zone leader with an Elder from Elder Neuberger's group, Elder Quinton. So... big changes all around the mission! My MTC group "gevel" Elder Huff is coming to serve as President's assistant in my place, Elder Reeve is staying in Sukhbaatar, and Elder Wilson will be the Songino zone leader. Elder Neuberger is off to Khailaast. Man I'm grateful for the time I've had with him! I felt like I've spent the last 3 months with my brother, but I couldn't be more excited for his next assignment- a great area with a great, young missionary. I wish I could communicate the excitement that comes with transfers among the mission to you. We talk about transfers, measure time by transfers, and it has a way of bringing change and new opportunities into missionary work. More than anything I'm blown away at how fast my remaining transfers are dwindling... 2 full transfers until July. My new area... is great! It's the literal center of UB, different from most areas because (I'm pretty sure) there's no ger districts. I'll be meeting in what's called the Old Central Building, it houses the Enkhtaivan and Selbe wards, and I've heard nothing but good things about my new area. The new apartment puts me closer to my English class which is nice, and it's not too far from Elder Quinton's sponsor. Elder Quinton was trained by Elder Wilson for the last 3 months and I've had the chance to get to know him a bit, enough to know that we're going to get work done! But expect more about my new companion next week... for now I'm betting there's a blog on him that you could check out?

If we were to tally it up.... I've been in Sansar for almost 13 of the 17 months in country and now I'm almost sure I won't be back. I love this area! I've also been so grateful for the time I've had to serve here. It's been a blessing to my mission and it's been a place of so much growth and change in my life. Especially the last 6 months we've been working with investigators and new members that will be a blessing and a support to the ward, not being able to meet with them will be the hardest thing about leaving. But all of our new members are getting callings, starting their family history and even setting goals for the temple! Especially Bro. Purev and Sister Nyamsuren are incredible. They've even bought a computer and printer for their home so they can get their family history done quicker! We'll be meeting them tonight. It seriously feels like I'm at families house over there and we've grown really close in these last few months. I'll find a picture to show you if I can, but Selbe is "on the other side of the street" from Sansar so I'm not exactly "gone" in that way! I am excited to now look at this work from a new perspective and in a new place.

Times up. Gotta go. I love you guys so much; know that I am loving the work, I love this Gospel and the people here!

Та нарт хайртай шүү!

Ахлагч Райн Жолий

No comments:

Post a Comment