Monday, January 2, 2012

Sain uu

Happy New Year! I can't believe that it's already been a week since we talked- I feel like I've got tons to fill you all in on. With 3 months up and transfers coming up on the 15th there's sure to be some changes in the Neuberger/Jolley companionship, so we're really trying to make the most of these last couple of weeks. More than anything I'm blown away at how big everyone's gotten. Mom and the girls keep getting prettier and Skyler gets taller every time we talk (the Jolley men group has lost some numbers!). This week Elder Neuberger had no English classes and so it's been a great week to catch up on new missionary training and now we're ready to dive in to a new week.

Monday we went to the Zakh and started making our deels, between that and our Skype call it was an awesome preparation day! I will show you a picture when it's finished but it's going to be awesome! I also bought a traditional Mongolian hat to go with it, and the deel's being sewn this week. Writing the BYU essays then took up a big part of the day (after talking with you guys), got shopping and cleaning done, and then we finished off the day by playing some ping pong at the Bayanzurkh Building.

Tuesday was spent preparing a lot of information for the transfers and such, so between that and my English class most of the day was gone. Without the morning English classes we had the opportunity to have some really great companionship study sessions and learned a lot about improving our work here in Sansar. We receive revelation for our investigators through the Spirit, and then as they respond through the same influence of the Holy Ghost that's when we see real progress in our investigators lives! So we have been focusing on having more spiritual power in our lessons and are being blessed as we try!

Every Wednesday we have a morning staff meeting, and then at 4:00 we go with President Clark and meet with investigators and their missionaries throughout the mission. I have so far to go on my Mongolian, but especially in translating the blessings promised in my setting apart have been realized and I'm very grateful for that. And now that I'm getting close to finishing my time as assistant I look forward to the opportunity to dive into more frequent language study. Then Thursday we had a great meeting with the Bishop, met with some new members and did some translating for President. We have a couple from Canada that we are meeting with, and we met with them on Friday and talked about the Book of Mormon, they've been a pleasure to meet with and I'm improving my ability to teach in English- I've never really done that here and so it has a "new" feel to it. With this couple I have seen how the Lord prepares His children to receive the Gospel and that really, no matter what background you come from, the Gospel blesses our lives!

Saturday and Sunday were also really low key. Saturday we sent a lot of packages and branch equipment out to the countryside from the bus stop here and got back in time to spend New Years Eve with our newly baptized new members, Brother Purev and Sister Nyamsuren. It was a great night, Mongolians are incredibly hospitable and I love the people here, especially in the Sansar ward, I feel at home here. Mongolians really love their fireworks, they were going off like crazy all night long, but it led to a snow storm that cleared out all the smoke! So New Years Day was warm, blue sky... a crisp, clean, beautiful day! We attended services at Sansar and then in the afternoon went with President and Sister Clark to Khailaast. So had a nice reunion there and had a wonderful fast Sunday. I've been finishing up the Gospels this last month, I'm reading in John right now and have been impressed with the words of the Savior, the power and authority by which He taught. I am so grateful for His influence in my life and for this opportunity to serve the people here, I love Mongolia and I love this work.

Khairtai shuu, Elder Jolley

P.S. Finished the BYU application!

No comments:

Post a Comment