Monday, April 16, 2012

Dear Family,

I really enjoyed getting your letters this week- thanks for all the love and support you send through those emails! I loved the package, thanks for getting those last minute requests in there. My companion and I made the mistake of setting the candy on the study desk and so it didn't last long, but it was tasty!

Yesterday was my first Sunday in Enkhtaivan. It had been two weeks since I'd been to sacrament meeting because of conference and it was a great blessing to be there. I had made plans to do better at getting acquainted with the members of this new ward, but I ended up translating for a Bro. Leichty, who was giving a talk that day and spent time up on the podium. A blessing in disguise l daa, Bro. Leichty is an engineer working for Rio Tinto from Cedar Hills! His son was in my graduating class; and it was a cool opportunity to talk and hear from him about home.

Our work this week was really good! My English classes are kind of on and off right now so we were able to get a lot of good work done. The field truly is white! My companion is now on his first week of being a zone leader, and it's been a bit difficult for him, he feels the weight of the responsibility to be an example to others and truly does want to be that example. Having said that, the work and our companionship has been really great! He had a rough couple of days over the weekend, chatted with President Clark about it and now is feeling refreshed and ready to dive back in!

I've taken this last week with some ups and downs in our companionship- to really take a better look at and learn from the example of the Savior. I have the testimony that every experience that I've had on my mission is a God given opportunity to grow closer and become more like His Son and I am grateful for the growth opportunities!

Today has been a lot of basketball! My companion lives for basketball at the Bayanzurkh on Monday's and so after the interview this morning with President we played there for a few hours. I can't tell you how grateful I am for our mission president. I talked with him a little after my companion's interview and am always impressed by his ability to love and the fair way that he looks at everything. He gave me a lot of great advice, something I was really looking for!

Do we know when Mother's Day hits this year? Let me know in next weeks email and we'll all arrange a time from there. How does Mother's Day Evening sound? The way we've been doing it for the last little has worked out well.

So were at a 2-0 score for pictures, I'll make sure I get some pictures with my new companion and the new area for next weeks email!

Love, Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment