Monday, April 9, 2012

Hey Family,

So where's April going?? Conference/Easter Weekend flew by sooooo quick, but it was amazing! I received plenty of nudges by the Spirit on what I need to be better at and that's one of the reasons I'm so grateful for Conference. Then you add in all the inspired counsel and whala! I was impressed with way too many talks to narrow it down....but I noticed I received a lot of specific instruction on the work I'm now involved in and a lot of advice for the next adventure.

My new companion. We're going to have such a great next transfer! I lived with him for the 6 day run I had in Songino, and then he's been my district leader for the last 3 months and so we've already got to know each other really well! Elder Tugsbaatar is from Erdenet, he's 26years old, and has been on his mission since October 2010. I feel like the difference in age and assignments gives us the unique opportunity to learn lots from each other. Because of conference Elder Wilson and I were on splits for Saturday and Sunday (until the evening to view the conference sessions) so Elder Tugsbaatar and I haven't had a ton of time together as of yet. We differentiate in age as well as size- I've got a lot of height on him, but after we played basketball this afternoon there's no worries about me having the unfair advantage! We're both excited to take our responsibilities as zone leaders to the next level this transfer and there will be more to come on that. I don't think I ever told you guys this, but I've had a thing the last 2 years about wanting to serve in Enkhtaivan. Ever since I went on splits with Elder Cardinal and spent a day there I've loved the area and the feel it has (not to mention it has both city center and ger district)- so this last transfer showed me once again that God knows me too well and now I'm excited to dive in this week.

Don't have a ton of time today, but I want to share a couple of thoughts. The loving service we often show to others, in and out of the Church, often (as we think) goes unnoticed. That's terribly untrue. The service we do, the love we show to others, may take some time to sink in, but it will always have a profound effect when done under the guidance of the Spirit. We can see this in everything, from a missionary's service to the ministry of our Savior. I think of how Christ's mortal ministry, to the mortal eye, had such humble beginnings, but has effected the world for good ever since man has been on the earth; both to those who lived before His ministry and thousands of years after. Bi odoo yu xelex geed baigaa yum be gexleer. I saw just a small example of that in my mission this week. Way back when I was in Sansar with Elder Amgalan we began meeting with a Brother Dulguun and his family. Brother Dulguun served a mission in Utah, but a few years after his mission fell away into inactivity. I was a brand new missionary when we first met, but I remember the meeting we had with him distinctly. I was transferred shortly after, but we passed them along to the next missionaries so they could continue to meet with him, his wife, and two daughters. When I came back to Sansar the second time his wife was being baptized! But Dulguun was still not coming to Church. Then throughout all last year I've been meeting with Bro. Dulguun and Sister Delgermaa, have really really grown to love this family, and sometimes sad that they had not been able to yet take the step towards activity as a family. Yesterday Elder Wilson and I ran into Sister Delgermaa and Bro. Dulguun at General Conference! Sister Delgermaa (between Elder Wilson and I we taught her the lessons) was beaming, just looking happy as she told us that Bro. Dulguun was now going to Church. Keep working with, loving, and serving those around you who may be off the path. I gained a stronger witness that as we offer service, our love and time and efforts, and give those around us the opportunities to exercise their agency they will respond!

Next week I'll make sure to send pictures of the new area and my new companion!

Love, Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment