Monday, June 11, 2012

Dear family min ee,

Isn't it weird now that we've passed the June 9th mark? This week has been really rewarding and has gone by too fast! The highlight of the week would definitely be Zone Leaders Council on Thursday. It was a spiritual feast and the time went by way too quick. I had a lot of questions that I had been asking the Lord in my prayers and I was getting back to back answers throughout the day! We finished the council by having PPI's with President Clark, this was probably my second to last interview with him... I really don't know where the time has gone. I love this time I have to be a missionary.

This week our investigator Khishgee is getting baptized and we have 1 more baptism scheduled before I head home. Most of our work right now is with part member families and it's very rewarding to see the Gospel basics bringing joy to the lives of these people on a family level. It reminds me of a quote in PMG that goes something like this, "The study of gospel principles will improve behavior a lot faster than the study of behavior will improve behavior" (President Boyd K. Packer). A lot of times in our work, families, and personal lives we tend to focus on the problem, taking us only farther away from the source that would bring us relief. We are seeing this right now with Bro. Byambaa and Sister Otgonbayar's family. This family was inactive but have recently began coming back to Church because they have seen how not living the Gospel principles has effected their children. Now they are experiencing some bumps on the road as the try to get their family back on the Gospel track. But... as they focus less on the problems and more on Gospel principles their problems go away! As we look to our Savior we can see this change in our own lives. Whether it is doubt, anger, temptation, contention, the solution is the same, I really love what the missionary Aaron said about finding hope as we turn to God, In Alma 22:16 he says:

"...If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest."

Other than zone council and a companionship exchange with the Baganuur Elders, this week has been pretty calm. I'm still teaching at the New West Hotel and they're especially having me do a lot of editing and translating on their company material before I head out. This week we have scheduled splits with the Nalaikh Elders on Wednesday, and on Tuesday we're going to dig a well hole with the Bro. Byamba that I mentioned above. There's a lot to do and very little time to do it!  Elder Wilson and I also spent the morning filming our MTC application videos. We taught a 10 minute lesson and now that will get sent into the MTC for evaluation.

I'll have to include pictures in next weeks email, I forgot the chord at home. But after what's been going on down South I'm just glad to have my camera... Elder Jolley must have gotten really skinny or something cause I wouldn't rob him! I have to put a little shout out to relatives and friends who have sent emails. Thanks much for sending word out here and please forgive an Elder for being so slow at replying!

Love, Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment