Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ger Bul Mini Ee

Tsag maani er ni yachvaa? Daraagiin doloo xonogt yavlaa gexed itgemeergui bgaa shuu. Neg l bish ee! What a great time to be knee deep in the Lord's work, what a great time to be a missionary! This last week I've been in that stage where everything seems surreal, too good to be true. I'm trying to soak it all the feelings/sights/sounds in my mind and heart, I know that I'm in a place and at a stage that I'm going to miss like crazy in the next couple of months. So like you asked Mum, I'm not doing very good at transitioning my thoughts for the next stage, but Яах вэ? That'll come eventually.

I've now just hit the week mark with Elder Haas, but it seriously feels like we've been working together for months, things just clicked and have been going really smooth from the first day on in our companionship and work! We've been super busy with both of us teaching English and then showing Elder Haas the area as fast as I can. Transfers are this Saturday and so I've only got 5 more days to show him as much as possible! On top of that we've had a couple of incredible experiences finding new investigators. I'll share just a couple of the great experiences we had this week:

Friday we had another powerful testimony builder that the Lord truly does lead people that are prepared to receive the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! We decided to head over to 13r Khoroolol a bit early and do some of our study outside the house before Elder Haas's English lesson at 10:00. As we were about to begin studying a man came, sat down, and started talking with us. He said to us, "I have a great job, a car, an apartment, but I'm not happy." From there we began talking a bit about the Gospel and then he invited us over to his house. The night before he had a dream in which a man in white clothes came to him and said that God's grace would find him, woke up not knowing the meaning of the dream. Then the next morning as he was going out to drink he ran into us. He knows that God can help him overcome his addiction but doesn't know where to go.We were able to testify of God and His restored church and arranged for him to start meeting the the missionaries in that area.

Saturday we spent most of the day digging a well for our a family in our ward! The hole started to get deep enough that they were starting to have trouble getting out! So we took the hole down to what I think is the "bed-rock," we started having trouble getting farther with the tools we had and water started to flow. I've included a couple pictures of that in the email!

Elder Jolley and Elder Haas. Well digging.


Then on Sunday we met a great, great new family! They have 10 kids! Most have all left home and are living separately. Their daughter is a member of the Church in Korea and sent their information over. They know nothing about Christianity apart from what their daughter has said over the phone, but are having a lot of struggles right now and want to have a strong, united family and have incredible faith that Jesus Christ and His gospel can bring that change. We both left that lesson just glowing, and the Lord is blessing us to find those who will be a strength to this ward.

I kind of mentioned this in my email to Mum, but Sunday was my last time attending the Enkhtaivan branch. The meeting was especially good. I don't know why, but I just felt uplifted, refreshed as I looked out on all these great Mongolian saints. Then to finish the meeting Bishop Damdin announced that I was leaving and we all sang "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again." Oh man! That was a hard dose of reality. I love these people and couldn't be more grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending me to this place.

Now there is much left to do, but so, so little time. I love you guys, talk to you soon. See you soon!

Elder Ryan Jolley

P.S. I also threw in a couple of pictures...

Elder Haas and I planning in our wrestlers hats (don't ask)

Our meeting with Brother Purev and Sister Nyamsuren.
They have a temple date set for the middle of April!!!!! Baka.

New members from Sansar with Elder Newberger and Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment