Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Hey Guys! What a great Valentines Day, Elder Amarbayasgalan and I have been able to spend the day together.... ahh joking.... looks like Valentines Day isn't much of a missionary holiday! But it's been a great P Day and of course a great week! I told you all about moving into a new apartment a couple of weeks ago and living in two's is the way! Our new apartment is great and best of all complete control of the fridge, so we're living large right now. We've been having cereal, apple pancakes, homemade granola and yogurt in the mornings, and chicken parmesan, steak, spaghetti, and some Mongolian stir fry for dinner. Elder Amarbayasgalan doesn't like cooking, but helps so I'm running the kitchen now and together we are eating good (the picture I sent is our Sunday Steak Fest). Not that big of a deal I know, but it's been really cool to figure out how to make all of this stuff from scratch and eating goood!

Sunday Steak Fest (with some jello jigglers!!)

This last week was transfers and so things have started to settle down as everyone gets the hang of their new areas. We have a great district right now, serving in the Baynzurkh and Sansar wards. Right now we're suffering from a lack of missionaries! There are just over 40 Elders and 60+ Sisters (we're second in the world right now for the most Sisters, behind the Temple Square mission) and so every area now only has 2 Elders and 4 or so Sisters. President Clark is heading to Hong Kong this weekend to hopefully find a way to get more missionaries here! We have Zone Conference tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that spiritual feast! It's easy to lose that MTC enthusiasm for the work and I'm trying at all costs to keep that mindset and so I'm excited for what we will learn tomorrow.

I got the package this last week and it was a great, unexpected surprise! Thank you for the "love." I do have to say you guys are spoilin' me, don't think you need to send huge packages every time! My companion is hooked on Scotcharoos now and we're going to look for supplies to make them at his request! Some things are the same in all cultures ya? Also, last Tuesday Andraya's Flat Stanley came and I'm sending him out again today, we got a picture with Chingis! I'm teaching English right now for about 4 hours each week, not bad, and we're working on improving our work here in Sansar. We've been having lots of appointments falling through and so we're trying to make our plan and backup plan more flexible for change! That's the one thing I miss about the ger district, people don't have that busy city lifestyle! We do have a couple of really great investigators and one in particular, a 23 year old man named Ochir, I love to meet with! We've been teaching him the commandments in chapter 4 of PMG and every answer he gives is a "Yes, I'll follow ______ commandment!" Then as we discuss later how he's doing, there's always been an experience that he had to choose whether or not to keep his commitment, but has been great at keeping God's commandments, especially the word of wisdom! He's been an amazing example of faith and there is such change that is coming to his life as a result. I want to share 2 scriptures with you guys that explains a little more - look up 3 Nephi 13:21-22 and D&C 88:11-13. Through following Christ, there is a noticeable light that comes into our lives! I love you guys, thank you for the "light" you bring to me and to all those around you, til next week!

Elder Jolley


Elder Jolley, couple of ward members and Elder Amarbayasgalan

Elder Reeves, Elder Wilson, Elder Jolley and a couple of friends (?? not sure, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment