Monday, February 21, 2011

Hello people!

Thanks for the emails and another Happy Birthday to Andraya! It's been another great week in Sansar and we're really starting to see the fruits of our labors - the Lord has really been blessing us! Our investigator Ochir had his baptism interview on Saturday.... and will be baptized this coming Friday! He's about as "prepared" as they come and I have been so grateful for the opportunity to meet and teach him. We had Zone Conference last Tuesday, it was a great recharge of the missionary spirit! We reviewed most of the 8 new PMG lessons and I love all the emphasis that is put on having the Spirit in this work - it's critical! This week we had a couple of missionaries become returned missionaries, and with them leaving my companion, Elder Amarbayasgalan got the call on Wednesday to head to Khovd. It's the most remote part of the most remote country so you know it'll be a great experience for him! He was sad to leave our investigators and the work in Sansar, but I have been grateful for him as a companion.

So, I'm now with a Mini-Missionary until further notice, his name is Manchir and is preparing to serve in the Phoenix, Arizona mission in April! With almost all areas of the mission down to 2 Elders now and no new Elders coming in for a while it may be a week or so until I am able to get another full-time missionary companion. We'll see! Elder Amarbayasgalan's flight was at 6:00 a.m. Friday morning, so we woke up at 4 and went with the AP's to drop him off. It was the first time I'd been to the airport since coming here and it was a great chance to look back at the last 5 months - so much has changed in so little time. I spent the rest of the afternoon with Elder Wilson and Boldbaatar as I was finding a companion and was a great chance to chat with my old MTC companion - always a great thing! This mission is being transformed and I can only imagine how much different it will be when we leave from the time we came! President Clark is in Hong Kong now and one of the hopes is that there is a way to get more missionaries into the country and I'm excited to hear what happens.

It's been refreshingly warm here this last couple days! I've been able to go around without a coat and just my suit jacket, it's sunny and springs on it's way! Then I just got the weather report and I'm reading only in the teens...... somethings not clicking. We've found about 5 or so new, really promising investigators this last week and next week I'll have reports on their progress... and maybe another companion! I recently read 1 Nephi 10 and was really impressed with Lehi's testimony of the Savior, take a minute and read it this week! Skyler especially will like this, bud I loved what you said in your email about prophets, thanks for the spiritual thought and I'll read 2 Nephi 27 this week! Love ya'll!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment