Monday, October 18, 2010

Howdy— Okay before I forget, a little about the pictures I'm sending this week. One is with my new English class. I teach at the "New West" Hotel now on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, so I'm up to 12 hours a week! With prep time and travel right now it takes about 4 and a half hours out of my schedule each day! Oh boy. We'll see this week what effect that has on the work.


The picture with a bunch of missionaries outside of the Bayanzurkh Church Building is my mission group- all the Elders and Sisters that started their missions when we 4 Americans arrived in Mongolia.


I sent you all a picture of some greasy goodness and a coke. The dish is Tsoivan and it follows the good ole style of Mongolian cuisine. You all know how much I loved getting the glass bottle cokes from Kohlers.... well I consider this a tender mercy! Everyone drinks Coke here, and they cost about 25 cents, so I keep it to a "eating out" only rule or I'm gonna get fat! I'm a solid 192 lbs. right now so I gotta take it easy (ha ha). Now I do try and eat healthy to balance out all this mutton, so don't worry Mom. I've been able this week to get a jump rope and I'm looking around for some dumbbells. There's another picture in the same restaurant, the Elder I'm sitting next to is my new companion, Elder Ganbolthd.



I'm living in the same apartment, but just got a new area- and we've been getting the "lay of the land" this last week. I love it though! Our work has been better than I've had before and he's been a great blessing as a senior companion. The other picture (snowing outside) is the "gardens" at the Bayanzurkh Building. Landscaping hasn't quite caught on here like it has at home and people are blown away by the garden in front of the Church building! The two Elders with Elder Ganbolthd and I lived with us during Mission Conference. We all had the great opportunity to refocus and refresh last weekend with Mission Conference, General Conference, and Transfers all in one weekend- I loved the re-emphasis on having the Spirit to be with us from Mission Conference, and by the last day we were all anxious to get out and work.

I got to go, but I love you guys, and can't wait to hear from you again! I'll send you a written letter with Conference and Mission conference highlights... take care!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment