Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Family,

Man I loved speaking with you this week! I was wondering how it would feel after not speaking for six months (not awkward, but just different), but it felt like I'd never left and I can't tell you how much I loved that opportunity and look forward to Mother's Day! I'm super short on time today so I apologize in advance for the short email, I hope my extra Skype time will make up for it and I'll be back on a regular schedule next week. Plus, I just finished the DVD, so all my videos and pictures will be coming your way.

A little bit about my new companion Elder Batjargal, he's the best! He's truly been a blessing for me this last couple of days, I feel like we've already served a transfer together. We get along really we'll and I'm bummed that he'll be leaving on Wednesday, and evidently my new companion (not a mini missionary), we'll be here Wednesday morning. Elder Batjargal will have a trip to the Phillipines MTC when he serves his mission, but lots of pre missionaries will serve with the Elders in preparation for that, and that's exactly what my companion is doing. He's 22 right now, joined the Church 2 years ago! He's a ridiculous dancer from what I here and has been to Russia and China for some traditional Mongolian dance tours or something.... Other than our difference in dance ability (ha ha) we have a lot in common.

To close I want to share a very powerful scripture that I've heard a lot about this Christmas season, D&C 76:22-23. Our Savior is the greatest gift we have ever, or will ever receive! Look at all the blessings that come from accepting, having faith, and following Him. I am so grateful for the trust He places in me, it makes me strive to improve and I see such love in those times. His Atonement can truly change us, there is no way we can be truly happy until we come unto Him. I love you guys, hope you have a great week!

Elder Jolley


The Mongolian missionaries, including President and Sister Clark (4th couple from the left on the 2nd row) and the senior couples. Ryan is in the center area, about 3rd row to the top. (picture courtesy of Elder and Sister Powell)

Editors note: We had the sweet opportunity to skype with Ryan on Christmas night. He looks healthy, happy and is loving the work. It was a very cherished time for both us and him! As his sister Kendyl said after we got off with him... "Mom, he is glowing with the spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment