Monday, January 3, 2011

Hey guys!

Happy New Year, Шинэ Оны Мэнд! I loved getting all the pictures and updates on the New Years Celebrations back at home. By the way, have you been able to hear from Elder Cardinal and get my "package"? For New Years this year all the Elders had to be in at 6 for the night for "safety" purposes and so I took the extra time to do a little free study in Preach My Gospel- it was a very good night! Then 10:15 hits and I'm wiped out... ha how times have changed! But New Year's Eve our investigator Урангоо was baptized by her older brother (who will be leaving on his mission in a couple of months) and that was a really cool way to finish off this year's work.

Урангоо's baptism by her older brother, her family and the Elders.

Plus, on Wednesday my new companion arrived, Ахлагч Сумьяабаатар (Som-ia-baatar). He's been on his mission for a year and 2 months and has served in the Chingeltei Branch before, but was in the other area and so he gets to see the other side of the city! So I've been trying to show him our area as much as possible this week and in the process find new investigators!! Not being able to street contact really is a pain sometimes, but we've made a goal to find 4 new investigators this week through other referrals and member/investigator referrals to really make this next transfer productive as far as the missionary work goes. Our church time has also been switched from 2-5, like you guys I'm not a big fan of the late church schedule!

This week our investigators Нарантуяа and Лхагвасүрэн have both committed to living the Word of Wisdom! We met with Нарантуяа yesterday and she hasn't had a drop of tea since and we are attending addiction recovery class with Лхагвасүрэн tomorrow night. I felt impressed to share Mosiah 7:33 with Нарантуяа and as she has talked about what she has done to avoid tea, I've been so impressed with her faith! She has been reading that scripture every morning and praying that God will give her strength throughout the day to help her. As a missionary I could not be more grateful for that, she recognized the need to turn to the Lord for help and that has been a great strength to her. I was able this week to write you all letters and so keep an eye out for those coming! I love getting the emails from you each week and so I tried to answer some of your individual questions in each of them... thanks for always writing and keeping me posted here! Love you guys!

Ryan, his "mini-missionary" companion and Elder and Sister Ford, Christmas Day 2010


Elder Huff, Elder Pickett, Ryan and a few other Elders (12/26/2010)

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment