Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hey Guys!

There's been lots of changes these last couple of weeks! But now things are starting to settle down in Songino and I want to fill you in on all that's happened this last week. I just went to upload some pictures, but this computer's USB doesn't want to work with me, so I promise pictures next week! I've got some good ones too, so get ready! I just read all of this weeks emails and can't believe we're already looking towards spring coming, especially since the winter in Mongolia this year's been so pansy! We're still only in the -20's and unless we get hit with a massive cold front it looks like it will only get warmer from here (knock on wood). But if it's going to be cold I'd rather be able to tell the grandkids I did -40 ya know? We had a bit of snow come on Friday, just enough to dust everything in a layer of white. We had one glorious day of no smoke after the storm, and all the trash and stuff covered in snow as well, it was beautiful!

This week has been one of those "rebuilding" weeks of the mission. I had Chingeltei down like the palm of my hand, had really grown to love the people and the area! So naturally coming into a new area, not knowing anything, but then over the next few weeks really getting to know the area and love the people. I'm now excited to do that in Songino!The Circle of Life goes on. We've got a great ward, great bishop and a HUGE area! It covers almost double the size of Chingeltei and we have to bus around a lot.

My new companion is Elder Munkhnar, he has been on his mission for 14 months now and has been in Songino since January. From what I've been able to tell he knows about as much about the area as I do and so we've had a lot of fun finding "addresses" and homes of people that the missionaries were meeting with. We've been checking old investigators, the area book, and our white board to really jump start the work here and from that we've found 6 great new investigators last week! We taught on Saturday a family of six the first lesson and loved the Spirit that was there as we testified of the Restoration! Also, we met with a 20 year old boy/guy/man named Chinzorig who had met with the missionaries months ago but lost contact. Both agreed to continue meeting with us and I look forward to the opportunity to share with them this Gospel! There is an automatic cure for any sort of negative feelings or events that occur on a mission and that is to get out and teach about the Gospel! This week as we've wandered around figuring out addresses and such, every teaching opportunity has been the highlight of my day and makes all the finding and getting turned around worth every step! I'm also back to teaching English at the New West Hotel, but only 4 hours a week which has been really nice - I'm teaching Tuesday and Thursday nights. It's now apart of my area so after teaching English we still can meet with people before heading home. President Clark is working on mission wide interviews. I know Elder Wilson has had his interview, but no calls yet on when Songino will meet with the President. Either way I look forward for the opportunity to talk with him again! Legit transfers are coming up in about 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure I'll be staying in Songino, but it does make me wonder whether I will have a new companion again in a couple of weeks... we'll see! My district right now is 4 Sisters and Elder Munkhnar (Moonk-nar) and I, and we will have our first district meeting tomorrow, but I did collect numbers last night- from that and from what I've noticed it seems like we have a great district in Songino! That's all the time I've got today, thank you guys especially for getting in touch with the Shropes and getting everything ready with that. You guys are way too good to me! Thank you for your examples and your constant support!

Love, Elder Jolley

P.S. Mom there's something coming for you only in the mail, I've worked it out that it should be there before your birthday, if it does - no opening it until the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment