Monday, January 31, 2011

My People -

Sain yy? I can't believe another week has flown by here, I'm actually hoping things will slow down a bit... I'm running out of months quickly! From what I hear this is the "turning point" of the winter and it's been really warm these last couple of days. We are going as a district to a bowling alley on the other side of town in an hour or so and we had a good 3 hours of basketball this morning. We've got some really good players here and the only thing that makes up for my lack of practice is the height! But it feels good to get the blood pumpin and play with all the Elders. Mom you asked about the family in the picture, that's Лахвгасүрэн Ах, бямба Эгч and their 2 kids- my favorite Chingeltei investigator family! I found out I can go to Chingeltei on Thursday for Цагаан Сар and I'm going to visit them and the other people I worked with there! Chingeltei has been by far my "field of dreams" since coming to Mongolia and I hope that I can serve there again later on.

Ryan with Лахвгасүрэн Ах, бямба Эгч and their 2 kids

Speaking of Цагаан Сар - this Thursday! I'm going to be so sick of eating Бууз by the end of this week (ha ha) and it's an interesting time for the work. Everyone takes off work, but people usually only want to celebrate - we're still going to do our best to meet with our investigators. I forwarded you guys an email about one of the new investigators I found and we have been very blessed to find some great new investigators this week! Also, on Thursday I had a interview with President Clark and I loved the chance to meet with him, I left re-charged for the work and my respect for him keeps growing. We also had a baptism this last week, from our part member family Sister Delthgermaa was baptized! I first contacted them back in October with Elder Ganbold. My companion Elder Amarbaysgalan baptized her and I had the opportunity to confer the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I had never done that before (it is given in Sacrament Meetings here) and it was a very special opportunity for me! Her husband is less active, but I hope this will help him return to the Church and we plan to set a temple date with them! We're going to have FHE with them tonight and I'm makin' Spaghetti (lot's of good pictures coming next week!) Also, this Saturday is Transfers, but I think Elder Amarbaysgalan and I are out of this one, but we'll see!

Love You Guys! Elder Jolley

Forwarded email: I'm again serving in Sansar, which is the heart of the city and been working this week to find investigators! The work here needs a jump start and this last week we found 5 really promising investigators. I'd been praying that we would find those who were prepared to receive the Gospel and then on Saturday we happened to run into a man at the Church's central building. I started talking to him in Mongolian and he replies in English saying he doesn't understand, but is looking for someone who can tell him about this Church! His name is Richard and he's from San Fransisco. He wanted to get out and explore the world a bit and signed up to be an English teacher in Mongolia for the next year. He had briefly met with the missionaries back in college and was curious when he found the same Church here in Mongolia. I couldn't believe the heaven sent timing! I'm the only English speaking missionary in my area right now and of course he doesn't know any Mongolian yet. So I invited him to come to Church the next day, he came and I translated all 3 hours of Church for him and we have an appointment to meet this Wednesday. That is just one of the few ways I have seen the Lord blessing this work here and I am excited to see that continue as my companion Elder Amarbaysgalan and I get the hang of things now. The last 2 weeks have been a constant rush and I hope things slow down a bit! After planning each night, checking up on the district, and then reporting to the Zone Leaders it's all I can do to get my teeth brushed before 10:30 and lights out - man how the time flies!

I love you guys, thank you for your love and support!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment