Monday, March 21, 2011

Sain uu?!

I hate trying to choose what to tell you guys each week, I feel like I'm throwing away tons of good thoughts and experiences and you guys know how good I am at throwing things away! But May's coming up quick and I look forward to the chance to talk again!

We've especially been blessed this week as we've worked on finding the "lost sheep" here in Sansar and meeting with inactive members. We've found and are meeting with two great families that were baptized 6 or so years ago, but for whatever reason have not been attending church. You can see the absence of light, of the Spirit and then to see it begin to return again is an amazing thing! One sister and her son came to sacrament meeting, worried that she and her son wouldn't have anyone that they knew or anyone that remembered them and were immediately surrounded by friends and fellow members from the moment they walked in! The members can help and support in ways that we missionaries can't. I've especially noticed that in the last few months here as we've tried to work closer with them and it's incredibly rewarding to see the member, not the missionary, doing the strenthening! Thursday was an especially great day because it was Wednesday, at home Brayden's starting his papers! Woohoo! Make sure to keep me updated.


This week we set a baptismal interview date for our investigator Bayarmunkh, and he's about to go from a golden investigator to a great new member! His sister is a member of the Church, he's been faithfully attending Seminary and Mutual and we feel that he's on his way to becoming a great strength to this ward! I'm grateful that the Lord prepares the way for us to meet with those who are ready to accept the Gospel and I see that especially here in Mongolia.


It looked like things were warming up here and then we got hit with a huge wind gust that's been lingering for the last few days, but I'm ready to shed a few layers as things warm up a bit. We did get out on Wednesday morning and ran- it was great! But Elder Zolthbayar is not much of a fan so we'll see if there's a round 2. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve with him and as his trainer we should be together for 3 months+ and I like having time to really settle into this ward! I'm going to have to switch to the new memory card, all of my pictures are on the old one, but I can't do anything with them right now, it's showing no folders on the computer, so I'll send some pictures in next weeks email! If Dad or anyone else has any ideas on how do de-bug this memory card let me know. I want to give you all an assignment this week, go to the temple! I've been thinking a lot about the temple this week, the power of the covenants we make there, and the peace, strength, and direction that we find within it! I miss having a nearby temple and look forward to going again. We all need that divine direction from our Heavenly Father and the key to that revelation is on our side of the veil, through prayer and the temple!


Love,
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment