Monday, March 7, 2011

Sain yy my family!

We'll I've got a new companion again, but this time it's for real! I'm now a father! That's what the missionaries here call... a trainer! A group of 7 missionaries arrived from the MTC Phillipines last Friday and President let me know on Tuesday or so that I'd be training the only Elder of the group- Elder Zolthbayar. I have so many good pictures now, but my memory card won't let me transfer anything- I picked up a pretty cool virus! So I'll have to do my best at explaining with just words.... first a rundown of the week:

Monday I got all my pants lengthened, I was showing a little bit of wool sock, I've grown since I left! I lengthened them out 3 cms and they're almost maxed out on extra fabric, so hopefully things slow down a bit. I hear mutton is a growth booster so that must explain all the growing (wink wink!). I've been rereading the missionary handbook and especially this week working on what I need to do to be more obedient and especially now that I am training another missionary I want to be spot on, ya? Mom you asked about Elder Davis and Pickett, they will finish their missions at the end of March, just about 3 weeks away! It's crazy how fast the time has flown, my group and I just hit 6 months in Mongolia and 9 months on our missions. It will be sad to see them leave, they've been great examples to us, and it will be weird to soon be the "old American Elders" to those who will be arriving soon. Two Elders are in the MTC and will be in Mongolia by May, and it looks like, through English sponsors, more will be receiving calls in the future. We're really needing Elder missionaries right now so that will be a huge blessing!


Tuesday and Wednesday Elder Bayarsux and I continued to tear things up in Sansar. We also had a mission wide leadership meeting for all District and Zone leaders that I was able to attend. Incredible! We learned a ton about our role as leaders, the missionary handbook, and not teaching exceptions, but as Elder Oaks stated "In the Gospel we teach doctrines and principles, not exceptions." By the end of the meeting some traditions/exceptions we're brought back into harmony with standards in the handbook and I continue to be grateful for President Clark's desire to follow the Lord 100%! It will continue to bless this mission and country as we strive to be more obedient and I love the constant growth opportunities.


Thursday was my last full day of work with Elder Bayarsux and we've begun some great relationships with investigators and especially trying to involve them with members of the ward. Two Sundays ago we met a 15 year old boy investigator named Bayarmunx and have been meeting with him every other day or so ever since. He is scheduled to be baptized on the 25th of March, has been attending seminary on his own we just found out recently! He heard about the opportunity and decided to check it out. How great is it as a missionary, focused on getting investigators to act, and then to hear that they're taking the initiative- the Lord has been blessing us and these investigators! We actually just met with him (that's why I'm sending this email so late) and will continue to write about him in the future.


Then Friday we had morning "trainer" training and then met the newly arrived missionaries at Zaisan ( I sent pictures the first week I was here, it's the place where Elder Maxwell dedicated Mongolia for missionary work). It was a lot colder than when I was first there, but I was amazed at all that has happened in the last 6 months and how grateful I am for the Lord and this work! I truly cannot think of anything else I would rather do besides missionary work, any place that I'd rather be than Mongolia, and to be able to serve my Savior Jesus Christ is an incredible blessing! We are now getting down to work, Elder Zolthbayar and I, and I'm excited to work with him. Trainers and their missionaries are usually together for 3 months and I think this means no transfers for a good while! Score! For my spiritual thought I'm committing anyone who reads this email to read Mosiah 2 and King Benjamin's counsel on serving others, gratitude, and humility. I also bear my testimony of God's love for us, his never ending patience and mercy, and that through acting in faith, coming to Him we receive these blessings. Let me know how the week is, I love you guys!


Elder Ryan Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment