Monday, May 2, 2011

Sain uu!

We've got a really busy Preparation Day today, our transfer call came on Saturday and so we're going to do a "parting" activity as a district that'll be in an hour or so. And I've gotta move! I'm off to Khailaast! Back to ger districts and the mountains! The sad thing is you guys have no idea of what I'm talking about so I feel like there's so much more I need to explain... but Khailaast is an area right next to Chingeltei, it's a district on the outside of the city and about as close to the countryside as you can get without leaving the city. It's been a strange couple of days since getting that call. I will always go wherever the Lord wants to send me and I'm incredibly excited for Khailaast, but I will definitely miss the people here in Sansar. Since coming to Mongolia I've served all but 1 month in this ward, I've grown to love the people and this area feels like home. But... I'm getting a son this transfer! I will continue to serve as District Leader and Trainer in the Khailaast Branch and training Elder Verdusco, 1 of the 2 American Elders coming in on Wednesday. He doesn't know that I'm his trainer yet or how hard we're gonna work, but it's going to be great! It will be fun for him to take part in the work in a way that I couldn't my first transfer. If there's anything I've learned is that the language barrier is nothing! The Lord will make up the difference and the work will continue to roll on. They will fly in on Wednesday and we'll go to Zaisan and read the Mongolian Dedicatory Prayer before he starts all of his new missionary orientation. It's really strange to now have the roles switched and to now be the "old Elders" in their eyes. Time's flying by way too fast! Elder Zolbayar's also really excited to be heading to Bolthgun, off to the countryside! He'll be companions with an Elder in his group, Elder Batdul. I've done all I can to set an example for him and now I hope he takes that and runs with it!

By the way, the package came, and once again you guys have spoiled me! Don't do that! I haven't opened any of the birthday stuff yet (except for the pen refills... just ran out!) and I'm waiting patiently for Wednesday. Between being a missionary, getting this new training opportunity, and talking with you all soon after, I am receiving too many birthday blessings on both ends! Mom I did read your talk and parts of it have made it into my PMG, and I wish I could've been there to hear it! I wanna save some of the good stuff for the call on Monday, but I want to close with a scripture:

"Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free.

Let the mountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid rocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the morning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and immortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!"

D&C 128

Xairtai shuu!

Elder Ryan Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment