Monday, May 23, 2011

Sain uu!

What a week it's been and what a week this is going to be! It's seems like we've had a little bit of everything this week. Especially in this new area I've noticed how important it is to make the best of the precious time we've been given. Preach My Gospel has a whole chapter dedicated to using our time wisely through setting goals and I've gained a testimony of how important that is! This new area and branch has had a bit of a slump this last few months (for example, our area of Khailaast hasn't had a baptism in over a year) and that mindset is hanging around the area. The danger is that that mindset can be applied to new Elders and then the slump continues. That's a problem because then you feel you are justified in not doing as well. And justifications lead to lowered expectations and I've been feeling that pull, that temptation a lot this week. But it's a lie! And so Elder Verdusco and I have set goals and now through our own willingness and effort will continue to see these goals become reality.

All day I've been thinking about where Brayden is getting called (I thought I wouldn't have to make my decision until next Monday) and I've gotta say I'm going with Ukraine. But I'm keeping Mongolia as a close second! I've sent Brayden an email (don't open it til when you get your call!), but I'm on my toes to hear about it! This week we also have Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and Elder Carl B. Pratt visiting Mongolia! We will be having a special mission conference on Saturday and then a conference meeting on Sunday for all members. We had the opportunity to hear Elder Holland in our last week of the MTC and now the special opportunity to have a mission conference together! So I'll have lots to fill you in next Monday. But here's a little about the week:


We set our first baptismal date in Khailaast last Wednesday! Our investigator Battugs (I wrote about him last week) has set the goal to be baptized on the 17th of June. We've had a lot of great experiences with him and I love his enthusiasm for the Gospel, our biggest challenge will be to get his family on board as well! Thursday we had Zone Conference, focusing on Chapter 8 of Preach My Gospel and how to really become effective missionaries by focusing on the Key Indicators. I love how it gives us goals to focus on, in the order that they need to be accomplished in! I was blessed to have no English this week and I hope that continues! Right now my sponsor is super busy so we'll see how long that goes for. We received the call this morning that Elder Verdusco's sponsor would like to meet with him and so he should be starting up teaching some time soon. I'll let you know what happens! Saturday was a bummer because I got super sick and naucious, so we came home about lunch time and couldn't go out the rest of the day. I've been really blessed by the Lord with health and this was the first day I've ever missed on my mission because of sickness, but even missing that one day really threw off our work. So now off to a new week! Sorry my times up for today... love you guys!


Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment