Monday, July 25, 2011

Hey Family,

Sain baitsaana uu! It sounds like Trek was a blast and now I can't believe we're on the countdown to fall.... time flies! Next week I'll hit the 3 month mark since Elder Verdusco and I have been companions, what a fast 3 months it's been! It is completely different from the experience I had training Elder Zolbayar and I feel like I've learned more from him than I've been able to teach. Now I feel he's pullin' at the ropes to get out and try out the things we've been working on - not to mention how much better his Mongolian will be with a native companion. But I'm loving our time together while we've got it! Transfers were supposed to be this Saturday, but have now been postponed until the 10 of August. I'm almost positive we'll be getting new companions then.

We've got a couple of investigators now that we are now beginning to see their "transformation" as they exercise their faith in Christ to follow His commandments. I love this stage because these types of actions bring change into their lives! Especially seeing our investigators Nergui and his son Gansukh making the commitments together, establishing prayer and scripture as habits each day. So half of my mind is working for our investigators and the other half our branch. Summer everyone goes to the countryside and so our attendance at Church is all over the board and so progress is slow right now, but we're establishing "celestial principles" in this branch that will bring strength and unity in the long run!

Okay about your question in your last email: my opinion gel inserts would be fine. What's happened is the inserts that are in my shoes right now are going south and I know that Elders in the past have picked up gel inserts and just put them on top and it all worked out. So I'm thinking that's the best way? Also there's a black bound study journal (the one I sent back from the MTC) that I've been wanting to use again- please send that too! And that covers all needs on my part, fill any remaining space with "things from home," that can be treats or what not, just "familiar" things from home! I've found all other needs here so no worries.

As the year mark in Mongolia gets closer (almost 1 month away!) I'm just trying to figure out where the times going? There's still lots and lots that I want to accomplish and do and am grateful that the Lord expects His saints to constantly seek to be better! His plan is so perfect and I am grateful for the peace and direction it continues to give me in my life. Joseph Smith said that "... by constant labor we were able to maintain a comfortable living..." and I strive to continue to be constant with the Lord, to let Him know that I can be trusted to do His will. So.... onward! I love what Elder Paul Johnson said in the last General Conference about being "more than conquerors" through Christ (see Romans 8). Elder Johnson stated that at the end of this life we don't want someone to simply say, "well.... you're done," but rather, "well done my good and faithful servant."

Love you all tons!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment