Monday, July 18, 2011

Sain uu Family,

It's been a crazy week on both ends! Glad to hear that Paka's okay and it's been exciting to read about all the changes that are going on at home.

As you know I've been training Elder Verdusco since the beginning of May and we are coming up on 3 months this next week- which will most likely mean transfers for 1 of us. It's been a strange couple of months having the same "culture" at home, something I haven't had since coming to Mongolia. But I am missing the constant Mongolian speaking, right now I'd be fine forgetting English (til I get on the plane) and just going 100% Mongolian! Anyways, transfers are on the 30th so I'll be letting you know what happens.

I've been studying lately about purifying our hearts to be able to work by the Spirit more freely. I feel like you when you said that you sometimes don't know how the Lord puts up with us, by our natures here on earth we have so much that goes against our "divine nature" and I'm working on ridding those out to be more effectively guided by the Spirit. I really like what Paul said in Acts 9:14 about purifying our hearts through the blood of Christ (my computer won't load lds.org to paste the verse but I'm pretty sure that's right). Take a moment to read that verse! If you read from the chapter Paul is discussing the Law of Moses being fulfilled through the Atonement of Christ. I think we all rely on "dead works" sometimes rather than really applying the sacrifice of our Savior like we can and should.

Other than that I'm feeling good, loving the work, and so grateful for all the many blessings that the Lord so freely gives us!

Elder Jolley


No comments:

Post a Comment