Monday, October 31, 2011

Sain uu!

Hey family! And hello to anyone else who reads this letter! I have found out this week that these letters get to a bigger audience than I thought. We've just gotten through transfer weekend here and what a week it's been! I'm now a trainer! It's been a great few days with my new companion and I couldn't have asked for a better missionary to work with. Elder Travis Neuberger arrived on Friday and probably has the strangest responsibility as a new Elder. But how grateful I am to be working with him! I say strange because he will be viewing a side of the work that most new missionaries never see. Because of the need for trainers, all zone leaders in the mission as well as the assistants have received new missionaries this transfer. Elder Tuvshinbayar has also taken on a new trainee and has been transferred to Chingeltei to be the district leader there. Elder Myagmardorj has been called as a presidents assistant (we served together in Chingeltei, he was my district leader), and so we each have taken responsibility over 2 of the zones of the mission.

Elder Neuberger swims, is from St. Louis, and is doing great with the language! We became companions on Friday- and we finished our first day together with a baptism (which pictures I'll have to send later because they're on another camera)! I have more than anything been feeling the joy of being a missionary lately! I'm not going to lie these last few weeks have been going by incredibly fast! We've been busy from the time we wake up until we hit the pillow at night- but we're still able to do missionary work on top of our other responsibilities and that makes me incredibly happy. I want to show the Lord my gratitude by working with all my heart, might, mind, and strength during this precious time! I have to apologize for the shortness of this letter, and I will make sure that I get plenty of information out next week. I love you all, you are in my prayers and I want you to know how much I love this opportunity to be a missionary! Uragshaa!

Lots of love,

Elder Jolley

Elder Jolley and Elder Tuvshinbayar with the new American Elders
Wow! Eight new Elders. Awesome!

The new apartment

1 comment:

  1. Elder Jolley!

    I just found this blog and have been obsessed with reading it :) It looks like you've had an amazing mission so far and have become an outstanding missionary. I'm proud of you and am so grateful for your hard work and example. Take good care of Elder Neuberger! He's an amazing elder as well. Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading your next post.
    Love,
    Brother Margetts

    p.s. I lived in that apartment! :)

    ReplyDelete