Monday, November 7, 2011

Family!

Hey everyone! So feel a little out of the loop after writing such a short email last week. So many things happen and I've been in the "busy" mode- so I've decided that I need to get out of that mindset. I love hearing from you all each week and loved the Halloween pictures (Andraya???)..... Ah good times! I have to tell you that last Halloween at home (recall the Jeep) has left a "bad taste in my mouth" regarding the whole thing and I'm excited to get a good Halloween memory to replace it. By the way.... where did October go? I have felt really torn inside as I come to the final 4th of my mission. And since time will fly by no matter what I do Elder Neuberger and I are working as hard as we can in the area with the time we've been given. Elder Neuberger! I did not get a chance to write much about him last week- but I love this Elder! He's been a blessing in our companionship and in our work, and our work has been great this week! I see a lot of the just-came-from-the-MTC Elder Jolley in him, and it has made me grateful for all the amazing opportunities I have been given in Mongolia and now for the opportunity to work with Elder Neuberger in his first 12 weeks. There is definitely a change that comes in each of our lives as we learn to be "givers" rather than "receivers" of things. So Elder Neuberger also has a blog... you'll be able to link in and get some more info about him from there. It's enough for me to say right now that he is having a unique first transfer! Being paired up with an assistant to the president is unique and it requires an overwhelming desire to work through the office work and get out and teach- and that is one thing I have really admired about Elder Neuberger and we have been blessed as we have done that in the last couple of weeks!

First off, maybe I should share a little more about last weeks baptism. Munkh-Orchlon was originally meeting with the sister missionaries in Sansar and so we began meeting with her in August. I have been impressed by her faith, and even with some setbacks before baptism, her consistency and patience. Those are qualities that we all must have in the work and I felt that were blessed to share the Gospel with her.

In other news we set a baptismal date for our investigator Brother Ganbold! He is incredible! His friend is our new member, and after seeing his friend Ganzorig change so much through accepting the Gospel and wants that change in his and his family's life. So we have taught him the first 2 lessons this last week and has a baptism date set for November the 25th! He's 150+ pages into the Book of Mormon and it's amazing to see the Gospel coming into his life! We have been incredibly blessed this last week! With Elder Neuberger is too easy work with, our work is doing great and getting better, I feel like we are being too blessed by the Lord and I am so grateful for Him. It makes me think of this scripture:

21 I say unto you that if ye should aserve him who has created you from the beginning, and is bpreserving you from day to day, by lending you cbreath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own dwill, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your ewhole souls yet ye would be funprofitable servants.

22 And behold, all that he arequires of you is to bkeep his commandments; and he has cpromised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth dvary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do ekeep his fcommandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

Just to let you know, the package hasn't come yet, but I expect it to be here this week. Will you remind me again next week about the Christmas thing? I know you'll want to hear asap but I want to think about it a bit..... other than a Skype call I don't need much! Oh and you don't need to worry about the blog! More than anything I was just glad that my letters are benefiting other people as they try to learn about Mongolia and the work here because I know how nice that was for all of us before I left. So keep on keeping on!

Other than that we're having Zone Conference this weekend! It will be held in Darkhan for the Darkhan/Erdenet Districts. I'll have more to write about next week. This Gospel is true and I am grateful for this opportunity to be in Mongolia!

Love, Elder Jolley

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jolleys for your terrific son who is serving so faithfully and blessing the lives of so many including our son as his companion. Travis is extremely happy to be serving in Mongolia and both he and we feel very blessed that he is having the opportunity to start his mission with the example and instruction of Elder Jolley. We also appreciate your maintaining of this blog. It has been very helpful as Travis was in the MTC and we wondered about what things are like in Mongolia. We forwarded parts of two or three letters to Travis and his district while they were waiting for their visas. If you're interested his blog address is elderneuberger.blogspot.com. Thanks again!
    The Neubergers (neu6@msn.com)

    ReplyDelete