Monday, November 14, 2011

Sain uu Ger Bul ba Naiz Nuxud,

Sometimes I wish I could write you guys in Mongolian! How is everyone? From what I hear things sound good and only getting better! I hope that I can continue to say that to you all in the future like I am this week. Things are good and they are getting better! I'm going to try to send a really detail packed letter (Mom's loving prods/jokes are doing they're job), it's hard for me because I feel like you all are here with me and so you just automatically know what's going on. Not to mention the time! See if we can get Brayden to transfer a few "months" from his mission time over to mine because mine are going too fast!

Elder Myagmardorj and I just got back from Darkhan.... yes, Elder Neuberger wasn't able to come along. They will be participating in this week's Bayanzurkh Zone Conference on Thursday, so he and Elder Myagmardorj's companion, Elder Boyd, held down the fort in smokey UB. Darkhan was a lot colder than the capitol, but the air was crisp and clean and we visited an incredible branch. Every time I go to a new branch I have this thought of how cool it would be to stay there, to serve and love and work with the people in that area- and I again felt that in Darkhan, it's an awesome place. The Lord's work tends to give us those feelings and desires and Mongolia isn't short on incredible places to serve!

This week we had an incredible meeting with our investigator Brother Ganbold and his family. Ever since we have been meeting with him he has been 100% committed to the change and repentance part of this Gospel. He has seen the change of his friend Bro. Ganzorig and now wants that change in his life. Mongolians have powerful faith as a people! Brother Ganbold met with us on Thursday and we taught him the word of wisdom, he knew from Bro. Ganzorig that members don't drink or smoke and so as we read D&C Section 89 together he said, "Oh I've already stopped. I haven't drank in 2 months," or "I've already stopped smoking and I won't pick it up again." He is now living according to the word of wisdom in preparation for his own baptism on the 25th. I hope that we as followers of Christ, are willing to "let us lay aside every weight, and the asin which doth so easily bbeset us (Hebrews 12:1)" as Bro. Ganbold is in his life! Change, the expectation and belief in this principle is a defining characteristic of Latter Day Saints and the true follower of Christ and it is one of the miracles of this Gospel.

With Zone Conference on Saturday we left Friday afternoon to Darkhan and arrived Friday night before Old Darkhan Branch's baptismal service. Saturday was a complete rush. We were going from 7 in the morning until 10 at night running leadership training, zone conference, missionary interviews, meals, and then the missionaries travel back to their areas. Sometimes zone conference feels like a battlefield and I get in the grind of things and forget to be that loving representative of Christ that I need to be. I noticed this and spent the rest of the trip trying to be more loving and patient with all the missionaries I get to serve. The opportunity to help others is godly service in the very sense of the word and so I have made a commitment to make sure that I show that in all that I do. I have been given so many blessings by the Lord and the fact that I have this opportunity to try to repay Him is a blessing in and of itself! It was a good humbling experience that I needed and probably should have more often.

By the way, I got your package last week. Bayarlaa!!! Between the scotcharoos, cookies, and candycorn I was having an overload of good old memories from back home. And I have to say the highlight may very well be the pictures (I'm easy to please), everyone looks good, and caucasian. In Mongolia all the people are more similar and so to see all you caucasan folks after my mission will take some getting used to.

Now we're off to another week! Our new member Munkh-Orchlon called and now has a calling- she now will be serving as a ward missionary and we couldn't be more excited for that. Usually new members don't receive that calling so quick, but the bishop was impressed with her testimony and knowledge of the Gospel. Elder Myagmardorj and I also got a call from Bishop Enkhbold and we're speaking in sacrament meeting next week! So I'll let you know how that goes.

With Christmas..... right now all my Christmas wishes are summed up in 2 words, skype and deel. Since you all already spoil me beyond belief, what if we just skipped the package and used to money to get a deel made? I'm just throwing this out there because I know it's kind of a crazy request. Let me know what you all think.

Khuu ni ta nart khairtai shuu!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment