Monday, November 21, 2011

Hey!

Ger bul n sain biz dee? Ajil undur baina uu? You'll probably get to listen to me ramble in Mongolian after my mission so I'll start throwing in bits and pieces. It's going to be a sad day when I'm not surrounded by Mongolian speakers! This week I've had a real love and appreciation for the people, the language, and the culture this week. Being in Mongolia and serving the Lord here feels so natural that I don't think I'll hit my mission "culture shock" until I get back. It's been a great week and things continue to be on the rise! Elder Neuberger and I are now approaching the 1 month-as-companions mark and it's incredible to see his progress in such a short time. The new 12 week training program is incredible, as a trainer it just is what I need and for a new missionary there's nothing else to help them get off to a better start. Huguu Elder Jolley (it means the other) should be using this too and so I'm excited to hear what he thinks about it. I can't believe he's in country!? As I've been thinking about the time I've been blessed with I believe that missions are supposed to pass by quickly so that we can learn to effectively use the precious opportunities that the Lord gives to us.

This week has been as close to a "normal week" that I've had with my companion in a long time! We were able to attend services in the Sansar ward and I spoke in sacrament! We were asked by Bishop Enkhbold to discuss missionary work and preparing ourselves for it. Nervousness in giving talks in a universal principle- I have no fears teaching, contacting, or approaching people, but still get that with talks! But none of those fears were from the language and it was a great experience for me. We did have, on Thursday and Friday, the Bayanzurkh and Songino zone conferences here in the Bayanzurkh building and so I take back what I said about having a normal week! Our theme was the Plan of Salvation and we were able to cover the plan of happiness in greater detail and depth during the conference. By the third conference we had all the behind-the-scenes work down to an art, and with each conference I was able to gain something new that has strengthened my testimony in our Heavenly Fathers plan.

As far as Thanksgiving goes, things will be really casual from our end. We've got that stuffing that you sent and we'll go from there, there's so far no plans as far as with other missionaries, but we teach a ton of English on Thursday so it will be in between that. Elder Neuberger's teaching English now! On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday he teaches at the Jonon University for a total of 9 hours on top of my 4. But this is the first week we'll be doing that so I'll let you know how that goes next week. It's another way to help out our brothers and sisters in Mongolia and Elder Neuberger's excited for it. Make sure you tell all the Jolleys "sain uu" for me! My Thanksgiving festivities are going to be Friday. Our investigator Ganbold is being baptized!! He's incredible. The last 2 months he has completely changed his life around. Now his baptism will be just another stepping stone on that path. I've been really slacking on pictures lately, but I'll have some of that baptism this next week!

I love you and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment