Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 26th email update

Hey Mom and Family,

What a week! I know things have been super busy at home and so I hope that things have started to slow down a bit now that schools back in business. How is everyone doing with teachers/classes and such? I'm officially on "Visa Delay" status now and this last Wednesday was the start of my 13th MTC week. In the last couple of weeks as I was thinking about being here longer I decided to, whatever the situation became, to approach my next few weeks with an attitude of growth- to see what the Lord wants me to learn while I am still here at the MTC, rather than get "trunky" to leave as it's said here. And how great of an opportunity that's been! It's been a week of great study and improvement so far and I've been able to see more of the Lord's blessings as I've put forth that effort. How grateful I am for that!

Thank you for the screen shot and pictures! From your last letters it sounds like Sky's about done with his eagle and Brayden isn't too far behind- cain bain! Also, again thanks a ton for the package and all the Scotharoos- I have half a bag left but took a fast from them the last few days (ha!) because I was pounding them down!

With Elder Wilson gone now I have become a threesome companionship with Elder Reeve and Elder Huff. I was curious to see how we would do and very prayerful that we could continue being a strong companionship! The threesome companionship is infamous for having problems and I've been praying that I could be a blessing to these Elders rather than causing a "third wheel." And now, with some work and prayer on all of our parts, we are continuing to do well and strengthen our unity. Tuesday night we had another awesome devotional and Jeffrey R. Holland was our speaker for that night! He is incredibly passionate about missionary work and it was an awesome experience! In my letter I'll include some of the highlights, but that was icing on the cake for this week! We're going to go check in with the travel office tomorrow and see if there is any new word on the visa's, the guesstimate is around the 3oth of August- we'll see what happens and I'll let you know as soon as I hear- if you promise to answer the phone! Ha ha. I love you all and am excited to hear from you again!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment