Monday, August 30, 2010

August 28th Letter Update

миний гэр бүи

What an interesting week it's been for all of us! I have dreaded this week since I first arrived here... "Visa Delay"... dun, dun, dun! I did not want to be that missionary and so when we found out about our visas not being on time, I was amazed that I was already at 12 weeks, but why would the next week be bad? I still get to prepare, I have a great new companionship and the Lord knows what's best! I was surprised then to be at this stage and still loving it and made the choice a few weeks ago to always keep it that way — and it's been a great week! On Monday, with Elder Wilson leaving the next day, we had the infamous "mission culture day!" I'll have to send some of the pictures, but it was awesome! We watched clips from Brother Cannons and Brother Margett's mission - saw pictures, learned more about the day-to-day life, wore a
дээл (traditional Mongolian dress) and saw a bunch of other things that they brought back from Mongolia. It was incredible and re-excited us for our going to Mongolia! I'm pretty well packed up as of now and so we are just waiting for the visas to come. No new updates yet and we are trying to not annoy the travel office with our questions. On the other hand though, we don't hear anything unless we go ask ourselves. Both occasions when Elder Wilson received his visa and his travel plans they had been unable to contact him before our visit and so we were completely unaware. So we'll see what surprises we get this next week!

Thanks for the update on the family Book of Mormon reading, really make sure you all keep up with that, especially altogether! It is a guaranteed promise of strength and blessings that we can always use. Just like with our bodies, yesterday's meal is not enough to sustain today's needs. It is the same with our scripture reading. Thank you all for your prayers and support and know that you are in my prayers too!

Aхлагч жолий

No comments:

Post a Comment