Monday, September 20, 2010

More to share

Hey hey! It's dark and early for you on Monday morning, and it's late and dark for me here on Monday evening! Again sorry if I missed you guys! Our family home evening activities at the Church started late and so we were held up a bit.... Let me know how Brayden's procedure goes next week for sure!

Okay answer time! Kendyl.. don't worry, I haven't eaten brain jello since Sunday... ha ha just kidding! Besides the staple foods of bowds, tsoivan, khiram, and khosher, I eat pretty regular stuff! We've found some Skippy PB, Mac and Cheese, and a few other American goods, but also lots of soups and such. We so far haven't really eaten out with other people a ton lately so we have a lot of control over our eating. I can't remember if I already wrote this, but my stomachs been a little out of whack this last few days but that's been getting better throughout the day and hopefully doesn't affect the work tomorrow!

Mom, the building I took a picture in front of was this random shot that I found while looking for an investigators house. It was right next to an apartment building that we thought they lived in, but it turned out that they lived in a ger that was on the abandoned property! The other pictures with the huge ger and such are at this museum place that we found behind the said abandoned building... biggest ger in the world and the other picture has gotta be the first ever Winnabago! Sorry for the extra concern, I have a pillow. We went to the Bayanzurkh building where they keep lots of extra missionary apartment essentials, so I picked up a pillow and two down blankets! Ha! I'm sleepin' almost as good as I did in my old bed, and whatever this bed lacks is forgotten because I'm dog tired when I hit the pillow. I've also been working on cleansing the apartment. I'm going to clean the bathroom and the shower this week and try not to pick up a worm of some sort, haha. But it's been nice to clean up the place a bit, I still can't trust most of the stuff in here and I miss having a squeaky clean house! So kids don't complain when Mom has you clean, it's better than not having been cleaned in months and you can't go anywhere without shoes!



As far as Google Earth, look up the Chinggis Khaan Hotel in UB, it's huge! If your looking at it from the sky the Bayanzurkh Church Building will be to the left after a field. Then keep going left (aerial view) and you go over an intersection, then a huge round building with an orange-ish roof, that's the Wrestlers Palace. Then if you'll scroll south there will be a white apartment building, I live there! As for the hot water were fine, I hear it is sometimes shut off but we haven't had that yet, so s'all good.


Bayanzurkh LDS Church Building (top) • The Chinggis Hotel (bottom)

Couple of things that the Carters (a new senior couple) wanted me to share with you that will help you all out! Send packages through the U.S. Postal system in a flat rate box, I guess up to 20 lbs it's about 44 bucks which I hear is pretty cheap and it's the most reliable out here. Also I guess Dear Elder can do pouch mail and I'll need to confirm what the time is for Utah to UB but pouch mail comes every week! Don't think I need a bunch of letters right now or anything, I'm doing great!

A quick scripture a rediscovered this week and really liked- Check out Ether 4:11-12, it's a great reminder on spiritual witnesses and it was one of those " Hey.... I need to mark those verses!" moments. After all the scripture citing issues we've been having I'm worried I've got it wrong! Ha so check that I got the verses right. Dad, I loved your email and your insights on trusting the Lord. I think we get in a rut sometimes with the problem and it causes us to forget how much we are allowing the Lord to be apart of our lives. Because He's the one that's always reaching out to us, sometimes our direction needs to be fine tuned. I was noticing that same thing with my teaching. I was caught in a rut of teaching based on my language knowledge for a few days and really felt like my words we're lacking the Spirit that it could have. What if that random person I meet, in that moment, that is their opportunity to accept the Gospel at that time, and I am not prepared and they go on there way! It's very humbling, and though I know the Lord will bring to pass what needs to happen, I still never want to bring that about. That has been helping me improve my teaching, and as I pray to the Lord that He will take what little I know, my effort, and then make up the difference, my teaching has improved; because I remembered how I really can have success (see Moroni 10:32-33). And you are doing the same thing with your circumstances, and I know without a doubt that the Lord will make up the difference, no matter the challenge!

Brayd- nice work on the Senior pic! Most kids can't get the glasses through without getting them taken away- EPIC! How's the social aspect of things? And I want to keep hearing about your missionary prep moments and thoughts, share away! Sky man! I'm excited for our duo gaming to resume when I get back- thanks a ton for the email bud! I wanna hear about the Life of Skyler a bit more though, whats been happening with friends and school and things? Love ya bud and thanks again for the emails! I'm sorry my replies have to be so short. Kendyl- VP! Congrats! I did the same thing in 6th grade and I loved it! Thank you for your love and concern, and send me more family/random pictures! You look all grown up and lady-like I can't believe it. Andraya, thanks for the email! You've got to slow down and stop making so many friends okay? Ha ha just kidding. I have the picture you drew in our last letter up on my wall, thanks again! Can I get another? Get on the iPad or something and I'll print it off here!

Thanks for the support, it really helps me to stay positive and working hard and I know that I have received many blessings because of your prayers. I see them and I thank you for them! You're in my prayers throughout the day and I can see the Lord blessing us. I wish you could all see this city, they have so little and yet are so happy. I know everyone who experiences life outside the States says this... but we really don't know how incredibly blessed we are, and it makes me angry at myself for being selfish at times. The Book of Mormon states over and over that those who are following the Lord freely give to those who don't, and because of that they are blessed in an abundance! I challenge you to look for opportunities to do that, all of you throughout the week, and let me know what happens okay? I won't always have the opportunity to be on for this long, the English sponsor email really helped me out today, but I will get some more cool pics for next week... Take care!

Elder Jolley

P.S. Book of Mormon reading... where we at?


Elder Jolley and Elder Amgalan

No comments:

Post a Comment