Monday, September 27, 2010

Short and Sweet

Ah man, I love email time! It almost didn't happen today, but I had a chance to jump on a computer, don't know how long I'll be so I'm gonna have to be quick! The cold is coming to Mongolia! We had a little bit of snow a few days ago and it's dropped from the summer temperatures ever since. The clothes I brought with me right now are doing great at keeping the cold out and I think next week the American Elders and I will hit up the "Zaak" and get our winter gear figured out. Again, thank you so much for the emails. I started printing them off and I love reading them, especially the Spiritual insights! A couple of things about this week:
I hit the 110 page mark in my journal! That's right! I've been trying to be super diligent in recording my thoughts and also the events and I thought you'd all get a kick out of that, that's at least double the pages I have ever done before!
For service this week we continued our project of digging a "noith" hole for a new member who lives out in the ger district, we're at 2 meters deep and still 1 more to go! We've hit coal, trash, sheep bones, and the old Russian power lines.... so that keeps it interesting. With transfers coming up I'll be getting new zone leaders (and that means roommates), one of which will be one of the old American missionaries, Elder Cardinal. He's a great example and I'm excited to have him as a roommate. As far as sponsor/English teaching updates, I haven't heard anything yet... but I'm going to start preparing my lessons and so I'm ready for whatever happens.

I echo what you wrote about conference, I'm way excited! It's a little weird for me... I love our conference tradition and the opportunity to go Priesthood especially with the family and I'll be going solo for the next little while. I realized that today and if it was for anything else I'd be sorry to be missing out! I'll be able to hear conference in English, but I'm pretty sure I'll hear it a week late so I'll be excited to hear your reactions to the sessions a week early. I also had the opportunity to give a blessing this week and it reminded me of the incredible privilege that the Lord gives us to hold His priesthood. Dad, Brayden, and Skyler- remember that! There is nothing more satisfying than feeling ready and worthy to serve and act in the name of the Lord. I felt that especially this week and wanted to share that with you.

I'm sorry I've got to go, I don't have half as much time as I usually would tonight, so my plans of getting emails out to other friends and family are going to have to wait til next week. Also, I have some pictures I'll send next week that you'll like... I was going to in this email but that'll have to what too. And to the kids, thanks for the emails!

Thanks so much guys! I love you all like crazy and look forward to every opportunity to communicate with you. Gotta go, but have a great week!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment